A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don’t need it.
Born: May 29, 1903, Died: July 27, 2003
Leslie Townes “Bob” Hope was an American comedian, vaudevillian, actor, singer, dancer, athlete and author. With a career that spanned nearly 80 years, Hope appeared in more than 70 short and feature films, including a series of “Road” movies. In addition to hosting the Academy Awards show nineteen times, more than any other host, he appeared in many stage productions and television roles, and was the author of 14 books. The song “Thanks for the Memory” is widely regarded as his signature tune. (Source + full bio: Wikipedia.org)
Check out these other related posts from the Witty category:• What Are Whoopi Goldberg’s Pet Peeves?
• How Do Ants Ruin All the Picnics?
• Rodney Dangerfield on Stupidity
• The Biggest Problem with Telling a Story
• Definition of a Burrito
• Why the World Owes You Nothing
• The Best Length for a Nap
• One Reason Not to Speak to Your Mother-in-Law
• Do You Have a Grand Memory for Forgetting?
• What Victor Borge Saved During Daylight Saving Time